Skip to main content

Sophomore Semester 2 Video Reflection

Napoleon Dynamite:
For this project we were assigned to recreate a movie trailer in about a month. Over this project we faced many challenge, but are biggest challenge was scheduling. With these challenges I learned many lessons about managing time and staying focused. After turning in the project we  feedback on camera angles and focusing shots. We did not change very much because by that point the project was over and there was not much we could do in the time allowed. I the end this video was not the best quality but it resembled the actual video well and we got done everything we needed to.

Short Film:
For this project we started by everyone writing synopsis, treatments, and scripts then we voted as a class picking five scripts we wanted to make. After getting our groups and scripts we started pre-production deciding shots, actors, and locations. For this project our time was very limited only having three weeks to do everything.  The biggest challenges we faced was actors and locations: from this I learned actors can make or break your films.  We received feedback about pacing but since we did not have time we did not change anything. Overall I think this project could have been better but we worked well with what we had. In the short film I had the role of pre-prodtion and casting. as a group we created a comedy and I learned that it is very important to have good actors. throughout the process of writing logline, treatment, and script I think my skills improved a lot. in the beginning I was I had no idea what I was doing but as we continued I figure it out and improved a lot.

Time Usage:
In class, most time was spent on pre-production, as I think it's my strong-suit. Following pre-production, I helped with filming on the sidelines. Most shots were filmed outside of school though. Once we completed filming, I assisted with checking in equipment and ensuring we had our storyboards turned in.

Strengths: 
In e-comm I think some of my strengths are communication and organization. I am very good at leading my peers to get work done and communicate. I also think I am very good at scheduling and staying organized. I maximize these strengths by jumping at the opportunity to work with new people and having some sort of leadership role in my team even if not the director.  

Needs Improvement:
On the other hand I know I still have a lot I could improve on in e-Comm. One of the main things I think I need to work on is staying focused. I love to talk ad am super outgoing which is a blessing and a curse. I think if I would talk less I would get more done and generally have better projects. I also think that I could improve my camera skills.

Summary:
The semester I really loved working with and meeting new people and growing my e-comm skills. If I could change anything I would maybe direct so I could grow my skills in that area. One take away I have is to push yourself because the is how you improve. Next year my goal is to try everything I can in all areas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Wheel

The Project: This week in e-Comm we made color wheel! We did this project to learn the basics of adobe illustrator and color schemes. We learned about the primary and secondary colors. First we learned about good color schemes and the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. Then we were taught how to use adobe illustrator. What I learned; First we earned about color schemes. There are many different color schemes, including warm and cool colors, monochromatic, color triads, analogous colors, and complementary colors. Then we learned how to use adobe illustrator. First we created a new file using he web setting which was 800x600 pixels. Then we started making our color wheel. Then we learned about all the tools on the side and the short cuts for those tools. How it went: Overall I think making the color wheel went really well. It was very fun to learn about color and different color schemes. Also I have never used adobe before, it was hard at first but got a lot easier.

Sophomore Semester Reflection 2

This semester in e-Comm we have worked on many different projects. The infographic, greeting cards, and logos were a few of my favorites. We started with the infographic which was a very long process and took the last few weeks in second quarter and the first week of third quarter. During this project one of the hardest things for me was coming up with an idea and graphics for that idea. During this project I learned a lot about organization and how important it in graphic design. Throughout the project I received feedback about fonts and colors: initially I didn't want to change anything but after trying out the colors and size oI changed the color of some of the text and color of the background. For the most part my idea stayed the same throughout the project. In the end I really liked my infographic but I think I could have done more complex graphics to push myself more.  Later this semester we worked on making greeting cards. This project took only two weeks, first we sta

Music Video

• Embed your work at the top of your blog post under your Title. These past few weeks in video we worked on recreating the Bet on It video from High School Musical 2. As a group we thought this video would be really fun to create and challenging in many ways. We also had a good idea for locations already so we thought it would be do able. We started with pre-production by dividing up the work to be efficient and effective because we wanted to have as much times as we could to film. We also decided Alex was going to act, Josh and Drew we going to mainly do the camera, and Maleah and I were going to help with choreography and making sure the video and our filming was the same and there wasn't anything weird going on. After we had footage we all edited together since we couldn't have everyone at the same time, so we had one person run editing and everyone else helping and we rotated the main editor. As a group I think we worked together really well and dealt with the issues w