Skip to main content

semester reflection


This semester in video we did four major projects. My two favorite projects were the procedure video and ONW now story. Since the procedure video was our first video of the semester it took a little longer, we had about two weeks to do this video. As a group we faced many challenges with the new cameras and refreshing our editing abilities but after getting started our group did well. We were given a lot of feedback on our storyboarding and timing so we did the storyboard again with more details to have a better plan. Throughout this project I learned a lot about the new cameras and set expectations for video this year. With the cheer project we only had a week. With this project we did not face a lot of challenges our group picked a continent topic and used our time well. The only challenge was writing the voice over but we all worked together and finally got it done. In this project I learned a lot about team work and time management. Overall I think my videos turned out good some were better than other but I think I’m watching these two videos you can really see my growth in video this semester.



One thing I could improve on for next semester would be using  my time in class better. I am always productive in the filming process but I get very distracted editing. That said if I am assuaged a task by my group or the teacher I will always get it done on time. Outside of class I am very busy so I use my time outside of school very efficiently. I usually write my blog posts outside of school so I can use my in class time for things I cannot do at home.

I think my strengths in video are communication and organization . I am very good at setting up communication for the group and helping decide who should do each task to stay on time. I use this by setting up group chats for the new group each project, and emailing or texting the subjects of our stories. In video my weaknesses are editing and staying on task during class. I am okay at editing but I get very distracted during the process since I do not love that step. At the beginning of the semester I would never get my editing done on time but recently I have made a goal to put earbuds in and work a certain amount before talking or taking any kind of break, I think this has made me a little more successful because recently I have gotten all my work done on time.

At the end of the semester as or final project we made a sophomore edition of ONW now to get the experience for next year. My role in this was an understudy for the anchors, for this job I was supposed really just observe so I could step in if an anchor was not able to be there. I really ended up doing a lot more, on Tuesday of the week we filled the anchors started writing the scripts and I helped edit that as they went. the next day the scripts were due and it was only about half done so I finished the script and sent it in while that anchors were getting set up. My team made the cheer video for the game day section. thought this process it is really important to get the work you are assigned done when you are working with a team. I also learned that communication is very important.

Overall this semester in video was very challenging but very fun. I really loved getting to use different cameras to improve our video quality. If I could change something for next semester I would work harder to not get distracted. What I learned this semester is, you must put in your best effort and do your best so you get good roles and groups for future projects. My goal next semester is to work on editing and staying focussed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Wheel

The Project: This week in e-Comm we made color wheel! We did this project to learn the basics of adobe illustrator and color schemes. We learned about the primary and secondary colors. First we learned about good color schemes and the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. Then we were taught how to use adobe illustrator. What I learned; First we earned about color schemes. There are many different color schemes, including warm and cool colors, monochromatic, color triads, analogous colors, and complementary colors. Then we learned how to use adobe illustrator. First we created a new file using he web setting which was 800x600 pixels. Then we started making our color wheel. Then we learned about all the tools on the side and the short cuts for those tools. How it went: Overall I think making the color wheel went really well. It was very fun to learn about color and different color schemes. Also I have never used adobe before, it was hard at first but got a lot easier.

Sophomore Semester Reflection 2

This semester in e-Comm we have worked on many different projects. The infographic, greeting cards, and logos were a few of my favorites. We started with the infographic which was a very long process and took the last few weeks in second quarter and the first week of third quarter. During this project one of the hardest things for me was coming up with an idea and graphics for that idea. During this project I learned a lot about organization and how important it in graphic design. Throughout the project I received feedback about fonts and colors: initially I didn't want to change anything but after trying out the colors and size oI changed the color of some of the text and color of the background. For the most part my idea stayed the same throughout the project. In the end I really liked my infographic but I think I could have done more complex graphics to push myself more.  Later this semester we worked on making greeting cards. This project took only two weeks, first we sta

Music Video

• Embed your work at the top of your blog post under your Title. These past few weeks in video we worked on recreating the Bet on It video from High School Musical 2. As a group we thought this video would be really fun to create and challenging in many ways. We also had a good idea for locations already so we thought it would be do able. We started with pre-production by dividing up the work to be efficient and effective because we wanted to have as much times as we could to film. We also decided Alex was going to act, Josh and Drew we going to mainly do the camera, and Maleah and I were going to help with choreography and making sure the video and our filming was the same and there wasn't anything weird going on. After we had footage we all edited together since we couldn't have everyone at the same time, so we had one person run editing and everyone else helping and we rotated the main editor. As a group I think we worked together really well and dealt with the issues w